for people across Scotland involved with the energy sector Keep Scotland Beautiful offer chances to become certified as Carbon Literate Working with
for people across Scotland involved with the energy sector
Keep Scotland Beautiful offer chances to become certified as Carbon Literate
Working with Skills Development Scotland and Home Energy Scotland, Keep Scotland Beautiful has developed an exciting programme of accredited Climate Emergency Training to help upskill people involved with the energy sector, so they have the knowledge required to respond to the Climate Emergency and move towards a net zero society.
Who should attend?
The online Climate Emergency Training takes place in May and June 2022 and is for anyone living in Scotland over the age of 25 working in the energy sector, supporting actions related to energy, or wanting to work in the sector.
Why should I attend?
This training delivered by Home Energy Scotland and Keep Scotland Beautiful will help participants to understand the climate emergency and respond to the risks, opportunities and responsibilities ahead on their way to becoming certified as Carbon Literate.
This course will provide the following anticipated learning outcomes:
- Understand the basics of climate change science and how we know climate change is a problem.
- Explore the impacts, risks and opportunities that climate change will present to the energy sector.
- Know what’s being done to tackle climate change at a variety of levels; locally, nationally and internationally.
- Understand the role of the energy sector in the transition to Scotland’s target of net-zero emissions by 2045.
- Raise awareness of the Climate Emergency Skills Action Plan and other relevant strategies and policies.
- Explore and commit to actions to reduce carbon footprints.
The training consists of one day’s worth of learning (eight hours), which will be delivered online over several sessions, using a combination of live sessions and self-study activities.
Thursday 9 June & Thursday 16 June – from 14:00 – 16:30 – Register
(Thursday) 2:00 pm