Interest-free loans towards the cost of ebikes or adaptive cycles for your household.
You can now borrow up to £6,000 interest-free towards the cost of ebikes or adaptive cycles for your household, thanks to funding from Transport Scotland (an agency of the Scottish Government).
eBikes are becoming more and more popular as a means of getting from A to B quickly and efficiently. They’re perfect for tackling longer journeys or steep hills, and they’re also great when you need an extra boost of energy to get you where you want to go. Adaptive and electric cycles can also help people increase their mobility whilst improving health and wellbeing.
The eBike Loan can help you purchase a range of different cycles. It can be repaid over four years and can be used, per household, for:
- 2 x ebikes capped at £3,000 each
- 1 x family cargo or ecargo bike capped at £6,000
- 1 x adaptive bike or ebike (value assessed on a case-by-case basis)
To check your eligibility and request an application contact us directly either by phone on 0808 808 2282 or online – one of our advisors will be happy to help.
Things to note:
- The loan is interest-free with a repayment period of four years and there are no admin fees
- The purchased ebike or cycle must comply with UK Government regulations
- Apart from making an initial deposit, you must not make any other payment towards the purchase of the ebike(s) or cycle before receiving a formal loan offer
- Loan funding is issued on a first come, first served basis and is subject to availability
- Applications are subject to affordability assessments and credit checks
- The loan scheme is funded by Transport Scotland and administered by Energy Saving Trust
- Energy Saving Trust is authorised and regulated by the financial conduct authority
- Terms and conditions apply and if you are successful with your application you must keep up with loan repayments.