Contact Home Energy Scotland

If your property is in Scotland, you can contact our friendly advisors by phone or email. Our advisors are available Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday 9am - 5pm. Information is available in translation, in audio and in large print or braille on request.

Contact us by phone

Call Home Energy Scotland

Call us free on 0808 808 2282. Our lines are open Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm, and Saturday, 9am-5pm. Please note our phone lines are often quite busy in the evenings and at weekends.

Contact us by email

Get in touch

Complete our contact form and select 'email' when asked how you'd like us to get back to you. We aim to be in touch within 5-10 working days.

Chat on WhatsApp

Chat now on WhatsApp

Chat to a Home Energy Scotland advisor on WhatsApp.

Advice for everyone

Home Energy Scotland can support your organisation with our unique employee engagement programme that supports the wellbeing of your staff.

Visit our page for employers

Together, we can create warmer homes and greener communities. 

Visit our communities page

Whether you’re looking to make your community more sustainable or are part of an organisation helping people struggling with their energy bills, we’d like to work with you. 

Partner with Home Energy Scotland

Anyone can contact us on behalf of someone else; for example: partners, family members, friends, support workers or carers - but we do need their permission so we can provide the best, tailored advice for them. 

We can give general advice without getting their permission, but this would be limited to things like energy-saving tips and wouldn't be specifically tailored to them. To get funding for certain programmes, we will need to find out whether they are eligible. To do this, we need their permission. 

There are two ways to arrange this: 

  • Over the phone
    This is the easiest way. If the person you're contacting us about is with you when you call us, then they can give their permission verbally. 
  • In writing
    If you have Power of Attorney for the person you're contacting us about, then we'll need proof of this. You can do this by sending us the first page of an online Power of Attorney document. If the Power of Attorney document isn't online, or if you're unsure, you may need to send us a copy of the full document. We'll talk you through how to do this when you speak to us. If there is no Power of Attorney - and we're unable to get verbal permission - then we may need a letter, email or a specific form. Again, we can discuss this with you at the time.

We’re a partner of Happy to Translate, the initiative that supports organisations to engage with people who speak little or no English.

No matter what language our customers speak, where they’re from or what barriers they face, we make sure we can clearly communicate with them so they receive a quality service. Visit the Happy to Translate website to find out more or explore our resources for non-English speakers.

Download resources in the language you use

We're happy to provide support to media looking for information on energy-saving tips and details of funding information in different areas of Scotland. We are delivered by Energy Saving Trust - if you have a media enquiry you can email Energy Saving Trust's media team who will direct your enquiry to the right person.

Contact Energy Saving Trust's Media Team

What happens when you contact Home Energy Scotland?

Woman contacts Home Energy Scotland on the phone

What if our lines are busy?

If we're receiving lots of calls - for example in very cold weather - it may mean we take longer to answer your call or reply to your email than usual. In the meantime, you could also take a look at some of our online help too:

Take a Home Energy Check

Getting in touch about your own home? Why not complete our Home Energy Check to start your energy and money-saving journey and save time on your enquiry?

Emergency financial support

Looking for direct financial support? We provide personalised energy-saving advice but we do not offer direct financial support, such as fuel vouchers or crisis funds. Our handy guide will point you in the right direction if you're struggling to pay your bills.

Do you use BSL?

If you use British Sign Language, you can use the contactScotland-BSL app to get in touch.